The Chelsea FC Foundation (the Foundation), a company registered in England under company number 06858117 and a registered charity with registered number 1129723, with its registered office at Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road, London, United Kingdom, SW6 1HS. The Foundation operates the website: sayno.chelseafc.com (the “Website“).
- Understanding these terms
- Some words in these Terms have specific meanings. When they do, they start with capital letters (even if they are not at the start of a sentence). You can find the meaning for each defined term the first time it appears, in bold and in quote marks. It means this each time it’s used.
- If you’re looking for information about how we use your personal data, then you can read our Privacy Notice, manage your cookie settings for our website through our Cookie Notice
- The Website
- The Website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We may update the Website and/or change the content on it at any time.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
- The Website and the content on it are provided for general information purposes only. They are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You may only use the Website for your own domestic, private and non-commercial use.
- Acceptable use
- You agree not to: (a) use the Website in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms; (b) infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Website (to the extent that such use if not licensed under these Terms); (c) transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the Website; (d) use the Website by automated means or otherwise for the purposes of scraping, extracting or otherwise obtaining any material from the Website for use within a third party website or application; (e) collect or harvest any information or data from the Website or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmission to or from the servers running the Website; (d) copy, or otherwise reproduce or re-sell any part of the Website unless expressly permitted to do so in these Terms; or (e) disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Website or attempt to do any such thing.
- We do not guarantee that the Website will be totally secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Website and we recommend that you use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- Intellectual property
- We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website and its content. Those works are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You are not granted any right to use, and may not use, any of our intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms. You must not use the Website (or any part of it or its content) for commercial purposes; however, you may download material from the Website solely for non-commercial, personal use by you.
- No part of the Website, including, without limitation, the text, designs, graphics, photographs and images contained in it, may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, re-posted, modified, transmitted or distributed or otherwise used in any way for any non-personal, public or commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
- Any communications or materials you send to us through the Website by electronic mail or other means will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential. We are free to publish, display, post, distribute and otherwise use any ideas, suggestions, concepts, designs, know-how and other information contained in such communications or material for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, advertising and marketing us and our products.
- Our liability
- We do not exclude our liability to you where it would be unlawful for us to do. For example, we do not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time that you accessed the Website. Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights. Advice about your statutory rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- We only supply the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website, or any content on the Website, for any commercial or business purposes and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. The Website may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. We make no representations about the reliability, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the content included on the Website.
- Save as set out in this “Our Liability” section, our maximum liability to you under these Terms is limited to £100.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to from the Website (including links to our commercial sponsors and partners). Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Suspension and termination
- If you breach any of these Terms, we may immediately do any or all of the following (without limitation): (a) issue a warning to you; (b) temporarily or permanently withdraw your right to use the Website; (c) issue legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs resulting from the breach (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs); (d) take further legal action against you; (e) disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary to do so.
- If we withdraw your right to use the Website, then: (a) all rights granted to you under these Terms shall cease; and (b) you must immediately cease all activities authorised by these Terms, including your use of any services provided through the Website.
- If we exercise any of our rights, no compensation will be payable to you.
- Changes to these Terms
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time (if, for example, there is a change in the law that means we need to change these Terms). Please check these Terms regularly to ensure that you understand the up-to-date terms that apply at the time that you access and use the Website.
- Other important information
- Each of the sections of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining sections will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- If you wish to have more information on online dispute resolution, please follow this link to the website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This link is provided as required by Regulation (EU) No 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council, for information purposes only. We are not obliged to participate in online dispute resolution.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- These Terms are governed by English law. This means that your access to and use of the Website, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection therewith will be governed by English law. You can bring proceedings in respect of these Terms in the English courts. However, as a consumer, if you live in another European Union member state you can bring legal proceedings in respect of these Terms in either the English courts or the courts of that Member State. As a consumer, if you are resident in the European Union and we direct this Website to the member state in which you are resident, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these Terms affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
- Contacting us
Should you have any reasons for a complaint, we will endeavour to resolve the issue and avoid any re-occurrence in the future. You can always contact us by using the following details:
Address: Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road, London, SW6 1HS
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms last updated 9 October 2020